The Musings of a(n) (adjective required) Mind

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Its winter already

It snowed today. During rugby practice. On a muddy field. With strong, cold wind. It was an interesting practice.

It could have been worse - the wind had mostly dried out the field. Yesterday, it was more like a marsh.

Right now, its about 32 degrees out. I sorta wish that it wouldn't get cold so soon, because the autumn weather is really nice. All of the trees are (were - the leaves are mostly on the ground now) turning into really pretty colors. We don't get that kind of variety up near home.
Last weekend, on the 2 and a half hours on the bus, some of the hills looked like patchwork quilts with patches of vivid orange and yellow trees, intersperced with the green of the more hardy trees.

We did have a rugby game last weekend - that I neglected to post about. We played Juniata, and lost 5 to 22. The ref was horrible, and we didn't play all that bad, but even though we lost, it was still a good game.

This weekend is homecoming - and like last year, I will be spending saturday on the Rugby field. We will be expected to be there at 11 for the women's game, our game is at 1, and the alumni game is at 3. Its a good thing I don't have anything that I want to do with regard to any of the homecoming events anyway.

Praise the Lord for me - I have had two tests in the last two days, and I believe did reletively well. I hardly bothered to study for the Linear Circuits engineering test, but most of the last couple of days has been spend in rote memorization of large quantities of information for the science, Faith, and Technology course. I like the class, which is interesting, but the exam wasn't fun. My hand just about got a cramp writing so much so fast. Pretty much, 3 pages of small handwriting of stuff - a bunch of definitions, two paragraph-type essays, and one big essays. I still don't like essays on exams - I don't feel confident about them when I have time to revise them - I especially don't like them when I don't even get to read them over and fix mistakes.

I read the xanga sites of a handful of people, like eric, and see that they are posting thoughts, philopizing ideas, etc - then I look at mine, and see a description of current events for a student at a small college. It seems like this information about my life must be pretty boring. Oh well.

JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home