The Musings of a(n) (adjective required) Mind

Monday, September 19, 2005

Happening, Stuff

Stuff is happening. Yeah. That's about it. Just Stuff. No more, no less.

Life at college is settling down and becoming routine - to an extent. There are lots of fun (fun for some people, at least) events happening on campus all the time. Last thursday, Jeremy Camp, Tree 63, and Bethany Dillon had a concert in the GCC arena. Our RA was one of the main coordinators for the event, so I and a couple of other guys from our hall went to help set up the stage on wednesday evening and thursday afternoon. We installed a temporary stage, and then helped the concert stage crew to set up the thousands of wires, connectors, mics, lights, speakers, dual computerized sound mixers, bases, and extra-heavy-duty power inputs. This part was pretty fun - the concert on the other hand was loud, long, and the music and voices barely intelligble among the other background noise. For my Civilization class, I have to attend and write about 4-5 'civilizing' events over the course of the semester, with the demand that I actually remain at the event to its conclusion. This requirement is why I stayed until the end of the concert - If you havn't already picked up from previous posts, I am not big on loud noise and large crowds in those situations. The music was probably good, but I couldn't tell. Setting up was fun, though.
For some reason, I have already aquireded a reputation in my hall for toughness, strength, and large appetite. Being on the rugby team may have influenced these opinions. Also my affinity for computers (translated: geek), and math (geek) and also science (again, geek) have been noticed, and, at times, appreciated.
Next Rugby game is at Geneva College on saturday. Hopefully when I play, I will be able to remeber what to do...
Signing off (the pizza is showing up), and sorry for the ramble,

Jeremy Turpin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home